Practical self-defence techniques and strategies designed specifically for women.
- Suitable for women and girls from 12yrs old and up (great for mothers and daughters)
- Female participants only
- NOT strength-based (based on Aikido principles using the aggressor’s energy)
- Regular, weekly classes to allow you to develop effective skills
- No previous martial arts experience necessary (and you don’t need to be an athlete)
- Certified Kenshinryu senior instructor with 20yrs Aikido experience
Northshore Community Centre *
701 David Low Way
* Please see information below for directions if required. Note that Google Maps may display the location incorrectly.
Wednesday evenings, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (commencing Wed 1st Feb 2017).
Please arrive 5 or 10 minutes early as the class starts at 7:30pm sharp.
Registering for classes
New participants please click here to register on-line or alternatively arrive at 7:15pm for registration prior to class.
Note: To register for / purchase a single class, please click on the Calendar option and then select the particular class from the calendar. You will then see the option to purchase a “drop-in” class.
Fees (inc GST)
- Adults $15 per class
- School students $10 per class
- Additional family members $10 per class
- 6 classes (adults) $75 (equals 1 class free!)
- 6 classes (students) $50 (equals 1 class free!)
- 6 classes (mother & daughter) $99 (*** introductory special – save over $50 ***)
Please note that Google Maps may display the location incorrectly.
For people coming from north (Marcoola, Coolum etc), easiest access is directly from the David Low Way. Access is on your left not far after you have turned left at the airport traffic lights towards Mudjimba.
For people coming from the south easiest access it to turn right into Mudjimba Beach Road from David Low Way and then take the North Shore Multi Sports complex entrance (128 Mudjimba Beach Rd). Stay left to weave around to the Community Centre.